|Course FAQ Topics||Return to FAQ Home|
- Leaving and resuming a course.
- Can I move between sections of a course if I am not in an assessment?
- Can I move between sections of a course while taking an assessment?
- Having trouble loading or navigating a course?
- I want to download this course to my computer and take it later.
- I've finished my course, now how do I receive my certificate?
- Taking a course For Credit versus Not For Credit.
- If you take this course in "For Credit" mode, you will be required to complete all given assessments in the course. Upon successful completion of this course you will receive 1 credit and will be able to print out a certificate of achievement.
- If you take this course in "Not For Credit" mode, you will be able to navigate throughout the site without restriction and can skip the assessments. However, you will not be awarded credit.
|1. Leaving and resuming a course. ( Back to Top )|
|If you leave a course without finishing it, the system will remember where you left when you come back to take the course again. When you come back to the virtual classroom you will see a list of all of your attempts at a particular course. If you want to resume a session, find the one with the correct date and time stamp. It will automatically bring you back to the last page in the course that you visited. If instead you would like to start over from the beginning, choose "Start New Session".|
|2. Can I move between sections of a course if I am not in an assessment? ( Back to Top )|
|As long as you're not currently in the process of taking a closed book assessment, you should always be able to navigate backwards through the course, to sections that you have already completed. Additionally, when taking the course in not-for-credit mode (as opposed to for-credit mode), you can navigate forward to new sections as well as backward.|
|3. Can I move between sections of a course while taking an assessment? ( Back to Top )|
|When you are taking an assessment, you are only allowed to go back and view course content if the test is designed to be "open-book". If the test is not "open-book" then the test must be completed before moving on. All questions must be answered. Further, if "open-book" is enabled, the course still follows the rules of "Can I move between sections of a course if I am not in an assessment" above.|
|4. Having trouble loading or navigating a course? ( Back to Top )|
To navigate from page to page in the course, there are previous and next buttons near the top right corner of the page as shown in the following image.
|5. I want to download this course to my computer and take it later. ( Back to Top )|
|Courses cannot be directly downloaded onto your computer from the learning center.|
|6. I've finished my course, now how do I receive my certificate? ( Back to Top )|
|When you have successfully completed a course, including all simulations, assessments, evaluations (not all courses will have all three), you should be prompted with a button to receive your certificate. If you didn't see this page, you can use the reporting button at the top of the page to view your course reports and scores to find your completed course session. There will be a small icon of a certificate in each row for courses that you have passed and earned credit. Click on that icon and you will be able to view and print out your certificate.|
|7. Taking a course For Credit versus Not For Credit. ( Back to Top )|
|Unless disabled by the administrator, when you start a new course session you are given a choice to take the course either "For Credit" or "Not For Credit".|